- Map Stats: provides a statistical profile for the state of your choice.
- State and County QuickFacts: site is part of the US Census Bureau. Provides data for states and counties as well as towns with a population greater than 25,000.
- Crime in the United States: an annual publication in which the FBI compiles statistics on the volume and rate of crime offenses for the nation, states and individual agencies. The report also includes arrest, clearance and law enforcement employee data. Statistics from 1960 on are available.
- Census of State and Federal Adult Correctional Facilities:
located on the Bureau of Justice Statistics website, these reports
provide information on inmates, housing, security and programs.
- Census of State Law Enforcement Agencies: located on the Bureau of Justice Statistics website, these reports provide data on state law enforcement agencies.
- New York State Department of Health: a section of the website is devoted to statistics on topics such as diseases, community health, early intervention programs and medicaid.
- New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services: the "Publications" portion of this website contains reports on topics such as hate crimes, juvenile crime, mental health and missing children. They also have a Statistics page for statistics on a variety of criminal justice topics.
- Community District Profiles: produced by New York City Department of City Planning, each district profile contains information on population size, birth, death, land use, land area and levels of income support. There is also information on parks, schools and social service facilities.
- Summary of Vital Statistics: produced by New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Summaries are available from 1961 to 2008.
- Office of Consumer Services Complaint Statistics: monthly statistics on consumer complaints for New York State from 2000-2010.
- Labor Statistics: from the New York State Department of Labor, it includes data on jobs in demand, wages and unemployment.
- Statistics and Reports: from the New York State Office of Mental Health Statistics. Archived reports are also available.
- Statistical Summaries: from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. Archived reports are also available.
- New York State Board of Elections: includes information on voter enrollment, election results and elected officials by District.
- New York State Education Department: statistics on elementary, secondary and postsecondary education.
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority: this site contains a report of data from 1994 to 2008 on energy consumption, supply sources and price and expenditure information for New York State.
- New York State Division of Probation: has statistics on probation, including employment after probation, as well as alternatives-to-incarceration programs.
- Jackson, Kenneth T. & Fred Kameny (ed.). The almanac of New York City. New York: Columbia University Press, 2008. F128.3 .A455 2008 (located at Reference)
- Jackson, Kenneth T. The Encyclopedia of New York City. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2010. F128.3 .E75 2010 (located at Reference)