Skip to main content
- State and County QuickFacts: site is part of the US Census Bureau. Provides data for states and counties as well as towns with a population greater than 25,000.
- Crime in the United States: an annual publication in which the FBI compiles statistics on the volume and rate of crime offenses for the nation, states and individual agencies. The report also includes arrest, clearance and law enforcement employee data. Statistics from 1960 on are available.
- Community District Profiles: produced by New York City Department of City Planning, each district profile contains information on population size, birth, death, land use, land area and levels of income support. There is also information on parks, schools and social service facilities.
- Summary of Vital Statistics: produced by New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Summaries are available from 1961 to 2016.
- Labor Statistics: from the New York State Department of Labor, it includes data on jobs in demand, wages and unemployment.
- Statistics and Reports: from the New York State Office of Mental Health Statistics. Archived reports are also available.
- Statistical Summaries: from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. Archived reports are also available.
- Jackson, Kenneth T. & Fred Kameny (ed.). The almanac of New York City. New York: Columbia University Press, 2008. F128.3 .A455 2008 (located at Reference)
- Jackson, Kenneth T. The Encyclopedia of New York City. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2010. F128.3 .E75 2010 (located at Reference)
Back to Top